Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sheboygan Cross

First cross race of the season! I am so, so, pumped for cyclocross season! So I was psyched for this. I am racing 15-18 this year, I am racing mostly Cat 4 and plan on  upgrading to a 3 part way through the season. So we drove up to Sheboygan for my 10:30 start, I got ready, pre-rode the course, warmed up, and went to the start for the Cat 4 race. The whistle was blown and we were off, I didn't get  clipped in right away and was in 8th going up the first climb, we did a 180 to come back down and I passed two people in the turn. At the bottom of the decent we went over the barriers and I took the inside on the corner and passed another two people. We then went through a series of  180 turns going up and down a hill. I took better lines and passed my way through everyone else into second place, from there I just sat on first places wheel and widened the gap on third until I got dropped on the down hill in the last lap. I ended up finishing second and about 30 feet behind first. If was a good course and the equalizer hill was brutal! It was a fantastic first cross race of the season and my first Cat 4 podium. I'm looking forward to the rest of the racing calendar!








No comments:

Post a Comment