Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lake Geneva Cross

Second cross race of the season, and it was a mud fest! What could be better than a muddy cross race? The correct answer is absolutly nothing! We left at 7:30 so we could plenty of time before my start at 10:30. It had rained all night and was still raining so the course got more and more turned up after each race
I got second call up because of my finish at the last race. All 56 of us lined up, the whistle was blown, and I immediately took 3rd and couldn't get into my big ring otherwise I would have been in first. The whole first lap I was in about 8th and then I started working my way through them. I cornered perfectly and made no mistakes. I would sit on their wheels and then jump them before technical sections, which was the whole course because of the mud so I was on fire! On the last lap I caught up to 3rd after the first set of barriers and passed him right before we went down towards the pits. I took off and pushed my traction to the very edge and I slowly gapped him off and when I came through the sand pit right before the last tune I had a good 200 yards on him. So I finished 3rd which I was thrilled about and I had a great day hanging out with friends in the rain. Thank you to Gary Smits at XTR Photo for the great pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment