Sunday, August 25, 2013

Reforestation Ramble WORS #9

This race was in Green Bay, so we drove up 2 and a half hours up there for our 11:40 start. I warmed up and went to staging, this was going to be a 24 mile long  race so I had a lot of energy food. The start was super long, flat and open before the single track and I knew it was going to be tough to hold on to the group. My dad was racing too so I stayed on his wheel on the flats and held onto first, but second place caught up and passed me right before the single track. I tried to stay with him but he had a little gap and once we got back out in the open he was gone. From there I just rode my own race with my dad and hung tough. I dropped my dad towards the end and noticed that third was closing in. The finish was a super long flat sprint with a right hand turn then some more flats. I got caught behind a guy who was slow in the single track but fast on the flats so once we got out in the open I sucked his wheel and we just flew down the trail going 25 mph I was holding third off but in the final turn he took the inside line on me and there was nothing I could do. I was thrilled that I beat my dad and almost beat my sister, but it was a really bad course for me so I hope to win in two weeks in Lake Geneva.




My sister Emma Swartz


No comments:

Post a Comment