Sunday, August 18, 2013

Alterra Coffee Bean Classic WORS #8


 So I just love this race, the course is great and with the changes and new trails this years course was fantastic! I have won here the past two years so I was hoping I could do it again. I arrived at 10:00, got my gear on, registered and started warming up. I rode the first section of the course and kept riding around until it was time to start.
I got my call up to the front row and waited for the count down, 10..9..8..7..6..5.. Gooooooooo!!! We took off and started up the first monster climb before the single track started. I was 6th up the hill and in second in my age group, we sliced through the first section of single track and got to a open section and I blew by 4 people into first place. I stayed with the same group of people the whole race the second lap I got stuck behind some slow people in the first section of single and lost some time. I had led the whole race and on the last lap I looked back and unfortunately could see second place, and this was right at the end and I knew he would catch me on the flats. He was right on my wheel going into the finishing hill and I was just shot, we were on a short false flat when he passed me I was a few feet behind him and starting to gain when some people got in my way,  I couldn't keep my speed up and just couldn't do it. I was super disappointed but I will get him next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment