Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sun Prairie Cup CX and Carpentersville

Sun Prairie CX Cup
My first pro1/2/3 race! Unfortunately my legs were dead, but I warmed up and went to the start. They blew the whistle and we took off, some people slid out in he first corner and I got stuck behind them for a few seconds but got right back on track. I continued to move up to 9th after a while but David Blodgett caught back up to me. I rode his wheel for two laps and attacked on the last lap. I pulled away and managed to hold him off. I was pretty happy with 9th in my first pro1/2/3 race!

Carpentersville
The next day we carpooled with my coach Joe Maloney and arrived in time for my sisters race. I warmed up, prerode the course, and went to the start. This was my first Chicago Cross Cup Pro1/2/3 race and there was over 60 riders! I started third row, they blew the whistle and we shot off. I got bumped around a bit at the start but held my ground, I slowly began to move up. It was a 60 minute race but my legs opened up and I kept moving up. I would catch a group of riders and slingshot around them as soon as I could. By the end of the 4th lap I settled in a group of three other riders fighting for 7th. I sat in for two lap and some guys were starting to fade. So after the flat open power sections after the start I attacked going into the technical off camber sections. After the section in the corn field towards the end of the lap there was only one guy left and he came around me on the pavement section. I jumped on his wheel and tried to recover for the sprint. The finish was a long and flat and I tried to sprint around him but the finish was so long and I was pretty spent from two days of racing and I just couldn't get around him. I was super stoked to get 8th in such a competitive field, my coach and team mate Joe took the win so that was awesome as well! Next week we hit the road to St. Louis  






No comments:

Post a Comment