Thursday, November 6, 2014

Cinicinnati 3 day Cyclocross Festival



We arrived with plenty of time before my race on Friday and it was going to be muddy. I prerode the course and it was a slippery, sliding mess and was awesome! I finished warming up and went to the start line. I started 3rd row, we took off and everyone was very aggressive but I held my line and was top 20 into the first corner. I began moving up but unfortunately I had picked the wrong gloves and my hands were getting colder and colder as they turned into muddy blocks of ice. I slid out towards the end of the first lap and lost a few places but slowly got them back. I moved up slowly though out the whole grueling race and got as high as 13th. But sadly in the middle of the last lap I slid out in a corner and broke my derailer hanger. I ran a quarter lap to the pit but found my dad had left with my bike to look for me, so unfortunately my race was over.

Saturday I woke up and was fine but something I ate for breakfast didn't agree with me and I got food poisoning. I rested up and got ready for the next day.

Sunday I was out for redemption after a few bad races and to test my self against some the fastest boys in my age group in the country. I prerode the course, which was fantastic, warmed up and went to the start. I started 3rd row next to my friend Andy Schmidt. They blew the whistle and we took off, a big crash happened right next to me and almost took me but I squeaked by. I got stuck behind some traffic in a off camber section where more people had crashed and I lost some time. my age group leader got away and Andy and Scott Funston were about thirty seconds up. I  rode with Edward Fritzinger but after 3 days of racing he was low on gas so I pushed on. Cassidy Bailey caught up to me and I stuck on his wheel for a bit but he dropped me and caught up to Andy and Scott. I slowly regained ground and by the end of the 4th lap I made contact with the group of 3 when Scott rolled a tubular right before the pit. I rode with Andy and Cassidy until the barriers but I had gone to hard to catch up to them and couldn't hold it. I rode the lap with Scott but towards the end of the last lap some debris flew up into my wheel and I last a few seconds as I pulled it out and Scott got away. It was a super hard race against some super hard competition and I cant wait for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment