Thursday, October 9, 2014

Cross-Shooshko and Hopkins Park

The first real cyclocross weather! Forty degrees and raining was not preferable but it was awesome once it got muddy. We took off and I was second into the first corner I pulled into first and my team mate Harrison got on my wheel and we took off. He put down some serious power on the flats but eventually I pulled away from him in the technical sections. I rode the last few laps solo and had to work hard to not make mistakes in the slippery corners and hold onto the lead. It was a great race and then it was off to Hopkins park the next day.

My whole family piled in the van and we trekked down to the Chicago series race. I prerode the course, warmed up and went to the start line, I got my call up and lined up in the front row. We took off and I was third into the first corner, I stayed third wheel until after a pavement section on the back of the course where I passed into first on a off camber section. I opened up small gap and held it until the beginning of the third lap when one guy caught me. I drafted him down the back pavement section but got away from him in the off camber section. I rode the last two and a half laps solo and focused on not making mistakes. It was a great course and super fun. I think for the next Chicago race I will do the 1/2/3 's instead of the normal 3's and see how I match up!





No comments:

Post a Comment