Friday, October 3, 2014

Twilight Cross and Caldwell Woods

East Troy Twilight Cross
The course was super technical and fun and there were only two very short power sections on the entire course. The only way to go fast was to hit every corner perfectly and nail the technical spots. We started and I was second wheel into the first corner. I passed into first later in the first lap. I started to push the pace and soon it was just me, my friend Simon Jones and two other guys. Simon started to drift back a little and one of the other guys attacked but promptly crashed hard. Then it was just me and the other guy for the last five laps, I made up time on him in the corners and barriers. I ended up doing the last two laps full sprint and finished with a 10 second gap. It was super satisfying to get the win after such a hard battle! My dad and I then drove the short trip to Lake Geneva to stay at the Schmidt's for the night.

Caldwell Woods
We woke up, ate and then jumped on the road. I was on the waiting list for the Cat 3s so I started warming up for that race in hopes I would get in. I got in but I was going to get a last row call up in field of 100 riders. According to the rules I should have been first row. So we talked to them and ended up getting me in the front row. We took off and I was 10th into the first corner,  I passed into fifth on the run up and hunted down the lead group of 4 midway through the first lap. I caught on and me and Andy Schimdt took off down the starting straight on our own. We rode the second lap together with a group of four chasing hard, but Andy said he had dead legs so at the beginning of the third lap he told me to go an that he would block. I rode the last two and a half laps solo and finished with a 30 second gap. I was thrilled to get two wins in one weekend! I had a great time and the courses were fantastic! There is a lot more to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment