Sunday, June 30, 2013

Red Flint Firecracker WORS #5



I was super excited for this race after all the great things I have heard about the course and was ready to race.We got up early for the three hour drive to Eau Claire.We pre-rode the course and I was pretty excited by it because it was fun!  My dad was racing single speed which raced at the same time as me so we were going to race together. I got my call up to the front row and my dad rolled up right along side me, a minute later we got the count down and we took off down the flats until we got to the rolling jumps and i was seventh overall going into the single track and I was in first in my age group. I was moving up but then there was a rock paved uphill and downhill and some one stalled out and blocked the path and my dad who was ahead of me manged not to get caught up to much, but I lost time because I had to get off and go around a bunch of people and my dad got away. I was really disappointed because I wanted to race with my dad and hopefully beat him! But I powered down the flats and  sliced through the single track without crashing at all. It was a great race and I won by a pretty good stretch.


My dad won the single speed division





No comments:

Post a Comment