Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tour Of Americas Dairyland at Road America


This was the first Junior race in the Tour and I was super excited because the course was on a Road America race track in Elkhart Lake. I had just got road pedals so I was a little worried about clipping in fast, but I managed to have a great start and clipped in perfectly. My dad told me not pull and at the start I went full throttle like I would at a cyclocross start and then had to slow a bit so that I could be in the pack. I rode near the front the whole race and followed when ever some one made a jump. I was right with group as we went into the hill right before the finish on the last lap and I was third up the hill and managed to hold third for the next 100 yards to the finish. It was a very painful sprint but it was good practice for road nationals next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment