Friday, July 6, 2018

WORS #5 Red Flint Firecracker

A little bit late but here is a super quick recap of WORS #5 in Eau Claire!

Photo: Brad Sovinski
Things started off a little slower than usual because of the two miles double track lead out. I stayed protected and moved up the side and luckily avoided a crash.


As the dust settled I decided it was time to get out of there and sprinted ahead after Ben and Cole along with Pete. Kyle Trudeau joined our group before the first descent and midway down Pete went down hard.


A gap opened up between us and Cole forcing us to chase. Kyle gassed it for the rest of the first lap and Ben took over at the start of the second lap. Midway through the lap I went to the front and took over the chase.

Photo: Brad Sovinski
I pushed it hard and eventually got a gap on Kyle and Ben by the end of the lap. From there I just kept the pace high for two more laps to finish it off. It was difficult to be solo for more than an hour in the heat but it was a good mental battle to stay on the gas and not let up.

Photo: Brad Sovinski
I was pretty stoked to take second overall, my best WORS finish ever!


As always thank you to my team Linear Sport RT  and to our sponsors: Trek, Bontrager, Wheel & Sprocket, Styled Aesthetic, Kettle Moraine Preservation and Restoration, and David Hobbs Honda. Big thanks as well to my personal sponsors, Englewood Grass Farm, TOGS, Fox Racing Shocks, Honey Stinger, Mike's Mix, Wolf Tooth Components and ESI Grips!

No comments:

Post a Comment