Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Trek CX Cup

Trek CX Cup! The first cross race of the season is always a cause for celebration and especially when it's back home in Wisconsin at Trek HQ.  Thursday after class I caught a ride with the Conaway's up from Indianapolis, since Emma needed to be at Trek on Wednesday. 

cx caravan 
On Friday I got to wake up in my own bed and hang around before heading to preride in Waterloo. The course fun, fast, tacky and perfect for a Challenge Grifo. After warming up with Brian Matter we rolled to the start and I got ready to suffer.


I started towards the back but moved up down the first descent to pit one and kept on the gas up the climb to the first flyover. My cross skills were a little rough but the fitness was there and legs felt good! I kept moving up until midway through the race when I found myself fighting for 13th with Jack Kisseberth and a European rider. We stayed mostly stayed together but as the race went on I found myself struggling to stay right with them. Not far behind was a group 4-5 riders including Matter, and they were chasing hard. That motivated me to keep hurting and I stayed ahead to take home 15th, as the 3rd American.

PC: Mark Zhao
On Saturday I rode the hour from Madison to Waterloo to race the P/1/2 race. Brian got away early and I got away in the last two laps to finish second in an exciting race. Then I rode back to Madison to call it a day!


On Sunday it was all about the World Cup. I got up early and did a big endurance ride out to Trek. Then I got changed, grabbed my camera and enjoyed the races from the other side of the tape.

WVA
Go Emma!
Fans!


Great to see the Linear Sport RT crew.
Overall it was a fantastic weekend of racing and a great way to kick off the cx season. Trek absolutely knocked it out of the park with this event! Nothing better than racing at home in front of the entire Wisconsin cycling community.

Lastly, I am very excited to be riding for Linear Sport RT and our sponsors: Trek, Bontrager, Wheel & Sprocket, Styled Aesthetic, Kettle Moraine Preservation and Restoration, and David Hobbs Honda.
Additionally, I am proud to be working with the Trek Race Shop, as well as representing Englewood Grass Farm, Honey Stinger, Mike's Mix, Sram and more to be announced soon. Thank you for reading and be sure to follow along on social media @cswartzz.

1 comment: