Thursday, September 3, 2015

WORS #8 Collectivo Coffee Bean Classic, and NICA #1!




Since my parents were dropping my sister off at college I got a ride with Isaac Neff, along with Mark and Lisa Harms. It was about 90 degrees out so thankfully Lisa was nice enough to do bottles for us! I had a great start and settled into the top 20. I moved up the whole race and once I got in a group with Parker and Fletcher we were flying! At the end of the third lap Fletcher attacked and neither of us could follow, he drilled to an 8th place overall and I fought off Parker and caught one other rider for my 12th place overall in the pro men! I was so pumped to knock off another season goal of a top 15 in the pro men! Next up is Treadfest in Lake Geneva where I hope to achieve my top 10!!!


Interview with Don!



I was so stoked to take the win at the first NICA race of the season! I took the lead into the first single track section and attacked. I led off the front for the four laps of the hour and a half race. It hurt and probably wasn't the smartest tactic but it was a ton of fun! It was great to race the high school league and to see so, so many kids out racing! Many for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment