Friday, September 11, 2015

Nearing the end of MTB season

After I got 17th in my first pro race back in June at Camrock I set a goal for my self to crack the top 15 and then the top 10 before the mtb season was over. Three weeks ago I cracked the top 15 and since this was my last WORS for the season so it was now or never! After a short warm up due to the 90 degree temps I headed to the start. We charged up the start hill and after a smart inside pass I was in about 10th heading down the big descent down the ski hill. Unfortunately I dropped my chain due to a shifting issue and had to stop while everyone flew by me. I hopped back on and thinking my chances of a top ten were ruined I angrily started hammering my way back from 25th place. Due to the heat I sorta felt like I was dying and was pretty unsure if I was gonna survive going into my second lap. I perservered and kept moving up with a group on my tail. I managed to stay ahead and eventually the group broke apart, going into the final lap I finally caught up to Casey and into 9th. With a quarter of a lap to go Cory came flying by us, I jumped on his wheel and we dropped Casey. Cory drilled it and I stuck on his wheel and we sprinted it out to the line. I couldn't quite get him but was still stoked for my first top 10 and my first 19-23 WORS Pro/Elite Men age group win!!! Cyclocross season kicks off tomorrow and Chequamegon, my final mtb race of the season is next weekend!






2 comments:

  1. Great year Caleb!! Very proud about your hard work and determination to succeed! - Auntie and Uncle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you guys!!! Cyclocross season is here so I've got another season of fantastic racing yet!

      Delete