Saturday, November 23, 2013

Jingle Cross 2013

Haven't updated in a while so here it is! Jingle Cross is probably my favorite cross race of them all. Three days of fantastic racing. Unfortunately I was sick all week and did not race Friday so that I could rest up for Saturday. This was my cat 3 premier race and unfortunately did not go as planned. I had a good start and started working my way up through the ranks and was riding in about 10th. It started to go down hill on the second lap when I tried to get around a poor bike handler right before the grinches lair sand pit and he jumped ahead and smashed into the wall and almost made me endo. Later in the lap on the off camber down hill a guys crashed and I missed the turn trying to avoid him and me and my bike went completely over the snow fence but luckily there where a lot of spectators who caught me and put me back on the course. By then I was back to 17th. Gong into the yule logs at the beginning of the last lap was when disaster really struck. I dismounted and was running over the logs when my back wheel bumped a log and I stumbled whacked my forehead against my handle bars. I immediately started gushing blood, my chain was also off and I was to disoriented to put it back on so I ran the 50 yards to the pit and switched bikes I lost quite a few places but still finished that last lap and ended up 35 out of 84 starters. I went to the first aid tent and they cleaned it up a bit and sent me off to the emergency room where I got six stitches. I was going to race the next day but my legs were trashed I was pretty out of it we later decided that I had a concussion. I cant wait to tear it up again at jingle cross next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment