Sunday, October 13, 2013

Grafton Pumpkin Cross and Further Cross


Well I had heard this was a great race and a super fun course, so I wanted to race here badly and once I saw that it was going to be wet I was even more excited! We got there and I warmed up but my brakes were just not working how I needed them to so I ended up racing me and my sisters pit bike. They blew the whistle and we were off, I was trying to start my garmin and was a little slow but I was still second out of the first turn And passed into first 5 seconds later. From there I went super hard and pulled away immedietly, it was a super great course so I was happy to get a great work out in and get my second Cat 4 win by over a minute!

The next day we did further cross in Verona, it was only 20 minutes away from my house so I had plenty of time. I warmed up and went to the start, Craig blew the whistle and we took off I sprinted super hard because I wanted to be first going over the logs on the hill so that I could ride then and open up a gap. I was first off the pavement and going through a tight twist right before the hill two guys were overlapping my wheels and went down, halting the entire field except me, I road the logs and opened up a good gap. But coming to the gravel hill climb I got passed by a guy and couldn't hold his wheel. It happened again on the second lap and now I was in
third. I chased hard but I was tired from the day before and the course just took a lot more power than I had. I still got on the podium, had a great time, and was glad to come out and do a fantastic race! (I think it might be Cat 3 time!)





No comments:

Post a Comment