Friday, November 16, 2018

Pan-American Championships

Quick Pan-American Championships report coming at you!

After class on Friday Emma, Ben and I loaded up the minivan and mowed down the nine hours drive to Midland, Ontario.  We arrived late and went straight to bed. Saturday we pre-rode in some sloppy conditions, dialed in our pressure and did some openers.


On Sunday I pre-rode again in the morning and settled on Challenge Chicanes for my tires. Then it was all down to business. I had a second-row start but missed my pedal coming into the first corner towards the back of the field. Luckily the legs were fresh and I was able to move quickly on the power sections throughout the first lap.


I was able to move up into the top ten but made a few mistakes that cost me. Earlier in the race, I let Gunnar Holmgren who ended up fourth slip away and later in the race Spencer Petrov who took fifth dropped. Both were great tickets to the front of the bike race but I missed the bus!


In the end, I finished up 8th. Another somewhat lackluster result, and falling short of my personal goals but there were plenty of positives to the race. The fitness was good, I hit my lines but things just didn't quite click. On top of that, the course was fun, the racing was a blast and Canada did not disappoint.


As for the other Swartz, Emma took 4th place in the u23 women's field.


Special thanks to Ben for traveling with us all the way to Canada and wrenching for me! Thank you as well to Tom Price for tent space and support as well.


As always thank you to my team, Linear Sport RT and our sponsors: Trek, Bontrager, Wheel & Sprocket, Styled Aesthetic, Kettle Moraine Preservation and Restoration, and David Hobbs Honda. Thank you as well to Trek Race Shop, Challenge Tires, Englewood Grass Farm, Mike's Mix, and Sram. Thank you all for reading and be sure to follow along on my social media @cswartzz

No comments:

Post a Comment