Tuesday, July 18, 2017

WORS Cup and Copper Harbor Training Camp

 This is a real quick one because I need to finish packing and get on the road to nationals!


At the WORS Cup/Midwest Championships I did the junior race because I don't have my pro license yet. I was a bit bummed but took it in stride and raced my hardest. Right from the gun I took the lead and by the end of the first lap only Daxton Mock was still with me. He hung on super tough making me really work for my gap, which came halfway through the final lap.


Although I didn't get to race against my team mate Brian Matter it was still excellent prep for nationals due to the similar lengths of the races.

On Sunday I skipped the short track race and headed to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan with my family for a few days. Then I headed farther up north to Copper Harbor where I did a mini training camp with Matter and two AZ Devo juniors Hayden, and Grayson as well as Karl Hendrikse.(Karl took all the fancy photos of us riding, thanks Karl!)

It was an incredibly fun few days riding, adventuring and just having fun. The wet gnarly trails of Copper Harbor were exactly what we wanted to prepare for nationals! Check out our adventures in the pictures below.







No comments:

Post a Comment