Friday, June 16, 2017

WORS #3 Battle of Camrock

Time for a quick update before WORS #4 this weekend!

This was the first hot race of the year which meant lots of ice and a short warm up to minimize my time out in the sun. I accidentally cut it a little too short and missed my call up. Luckily my competitors and friends let me slide into the second row.

Photo: Kari Lewis Scheppman
By the top of the start hill I was sitting comfortably in sixth place but needed to be farther up. I came around Ben Senkerik in some tight single track and around Corey Stelljes in an open field section. Nathan Guerra and Isaac Neff hit the gas and started to open up a gap while I worked hard to stay on Cole House's wheel.

Photo: Gary Smits
I took over the chase going up the start climb trying to close on Nathan and Isaac. I pulled until the halfway point when Cole took over again.

Photo: Gary Smits
He kept the pace high and consistent and by the end of that lap we caught back up to Isaac! Unfortunately right as we made contact, I had a mechanical. I jumped off and fixed it as quickly as I could but still lost about 30 seconds.

Photo: Anderson Bortoletto
I chases hard but couldn't catch back up. I ended up riding the next two laps solo to finish in fourth place a minute behind Isaac and thirty seconds ahead of Corey.


I was pretty happy to take home fourth in one a fully stacked field. Despite my mechanical I would probably consider it my best WORS finish yet this year! Stoked to see what I can do this Sunday at Mt. Morris!


Huge thanks to my family, my coach Joseph Maloney and my team, Linear Sport Racing as well as Trek Bikes, Bontrager, Wheel & Sprocket, Styled Aesthetic, Kettle Moraine Preservation and Restoration, and David Hobbs Honda, as well as Honey Stinger, Mike's Mix, Englewood Grass Farm, Wolf Tooth Components and ESI Grips for helping make it all happen!

In other news, I graduated from high school!


No comments:

Post a Comment