Thursday, September 18, 2014

Lake Geneva Cross

Saturday evening I drove down to Lake Geneva and stayed with my friend Andy Schmidt. We got to hang out for a few hours before going to bed, in the morning we had plenty of time and washed our bikes before heading over to the race which was only five minutes from their house. We hung out for a few hours, rode some practice laps and watched the races until it was our turn. We warmed up and went to the start line, they did call up by points ranking so I started in the front row. They blew the whistle and we took off, Andy took the lead right from the start. I was third going into the first turn and soon passed second. I chased Andy hard the whole race but could never make contact. We finished a minute ahead of second place and even farther ahead of the rest of the field. It was a super fun weekend and soon it might be time for me and Andy to start racing the 1/2/3s!




No comments:

Post a Comment