Sunday, August 31, 2014

Cross the Rock Relay and Wisconsin High School Cycling league race #1

First Cyclocross race of the season! The kick off was the cross the rock relay. The course was short, fun and technical. I raced the pro1/2/3 with our friend David Bloget and we won that. Later I raced the coed race with my sister and won that.

Sunday was the first Wisconsin High School Cycling League mountain bike race. I was racing JV which was 16 miles. Unfortunately the line up was random so I ended up fourth row. We took off and by the top of the start hill it was just Andy, Sam, one other kid and me. I led into the single track and for most of the first lap but I got stuck behind people at the end and Andy got a few seconds on me. I chased hard and kept him just within sight but all of a sudden in the middle of the second lap I hit a rock and endoed hard my garmin fell off along with my water bottle but I told a course martial and thankfully they found them. I finished the last lap and a half and held second even though I was a little shaken up but it was a great race and it was awesome to see so many people to come out and support high school cycling!







No comments:

Post a Comment