Wednesday, July 2, 2014

WORS#5 Red Flint Fire Cracker

Well this is definetly my favorite WORS race. My dad and I drove up in the morning and had to leave pretty early and arrived around 10:30. I got ready and tuned up the bike. I rolled up to the start line and got my call up. Luckily my age group wave went off first so I didn't have much trafic. We took off and I sat on the wheel of the leader but he was going to slow so I jumped around him and kept going. I drafted my dad until before the jump section another rider passed me and I jumped on his wheel. I passed him in the single track and rode away from the pack in the lead. My friend Kyle caught up to me and we rode together for the first lap and when another junior caught up I jumped on his wheel and we pulled away when Kyle had a crash. He pulled on the flats and I rolled away from him in the single track. The last few miles were single track so I pulled away. The course was amazing and the trails were perfect. I won my category and was 4th overall out of over 200 riders. My dad also won his single speed division. This weekend is the WORS cup and I will race short track super D and cross country. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment