Saturday, November 24, 2012

Norge Cross, Illinois




I went down to Norge Cross which was some where in illinois. My sister Emma Swartz got second in the Cat 1,2,3 women. I did the Cat 4 A's because juniors were too late in the afternoon. I thought I was gonna be last row at the start because only three people registered after me in the field of 58 men. But to my surprise I got called up second row and got to start behind Andrew Schmidt the junior national champion and my friend. I had a bad start because it was on loose gravel/broken concrete but I instantly recovered started working my was up through the field, taking inside lines and basically riding as smart as I could. I held my ground in 6th place for awhile but in the last two laps I dropped back to 9th. I was pretty happy with that but my back started hurting towards the end and I lost some of my power.   

No comments:

Post a Comment